By integrating Practice Ignition with Intuit Practice Management powered by Karbon, you can automatically trigger a work item to be created from your chosen template when a client accepts a Practice Ignition proposal.
This guide will walk you through the steps to connect your Practice Ignition account to Intuit Practice Management.
Before you get started
It's a good idea to make sure you have created Intuit Practice Management templates for each Practice Ignition service before connecting the two Apps.
Step 1. Establish the connection
You link Practice Ignition and Intuit Practice Management together using your unique connection token.
- Find your connection token in Intuit Practice Management by going to Settings > Connected apps > Practice Ignition.
- Copy this token to your clipboard.
- Within Practice Ignition navigate to the Apps section.
- Click on the Intuit Practice Management app tile (only available on Practice Ignition Professional or Scale plans).
- Within the Intuit Practice Management settings drawer, enter your API key.
- Click 'Connect your account.
These steps will establish a connection with Practice Ignition and import your Intuit Practice Management templates into Practice Ignition. The integration is not enabled until you complete the the service mapping steps, which are outlined below.
Step 2: Linking your Practice Ignition services (service mapping)
Linking your Intuit Practice Management templates to Practice Ignition services will automatically create a work item from the specified template whenever a client accepts the linked proposal.
After establishing the initial connection, click the Work Templates card in Practice Ignition to begin linking your services.
Your existing Services are shown on the left, and your imported Intuit Practice Management work templates are available on the right to choose within the dropdown menus.
Simply select one or more templates for each corresponding service. You can leave some services with no associated Work Template, but these services will not create a Intuit Practice Management work item when selected in a proposal.
When done, click Confirm Settings.
Step 3: Enabling Intuit Practice Management Integration
Once you have connected and linked your services, you are ready to enable the integration. Click on Enable Intuit Practice Management and the integration will be turned on.
From this point forward each time a proposal is accepted, the corresponding work will be created within Intuit Practice Management.
Other information and FAQs
- How does the data flow from a Practice Ignition proposal to a Intuit Practice Management work item?
- Choosing the default assignee for new work created in Practice Ignition
- How can I import changes to my templates into Practice Ignition?
- How are contacts linked with the Practice Ignition integration?
- Can recurring work be created with the Practice Ignition integration?